Step #1: Plan your installation
- Check System Requirements
- Check Hardware and Software Compatibility
- Determine Disk Partitioning Options
- Decide on a Workgroup or Domain Installation
- Complete a Pre-Installation Checklist
Step #2: Beginning the installation process
Step #3: The GUI-based portion of the Setup program
- After a few moments you will see the first prompt:
- The next phase is to pick the installation partition. Since this computer has a new hard disk that hasn't been formatted before, you will only have the option to create a new partition on it. Had it had previous partitions on it you could have chosen to either delete them or perform other tasks. Pressing the Advanced button will bring up the following options.
- After the long wait, the system will then reboot once again.
- You will think something went wrong because of the relative long time it take the system to display anything besides the black screen, but finally, after a few moments you will note a small colored circle: